Seeking to fill the position of: Community Outreach
Seeking to fill the position of: PARENT EDUCATOR
The Position: Contracted position for one year (September 1,2020 – September 30, 2021), Position will require home visitations and evening group meetings
- Must have an Associate, Bachelor’s or higher degree in social work, education, psychology or related fields, with 2 years’ experience in working with high risk families
- Willingness to be trained in Nurturing Parenting Program
- Must be an empathic, emotionally stable, culturally sensitive, anti-biased and dependable.
- Must have experience in public speaking and working with adult learners
- Must also have good self-esteem and self-concept; knowledge and acceptance of alternatives to corporal punishment;
- Must have skills in behavior management; appropriate expectations of preschoolers, children, and adolescents;
- Must have the ability to act as a professional;
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and all of its components, email, and ZOOM
- Must be ability to create, organize and conduct group meetings;
- Must be ability to act as part of a team;
- Must be comfortable running programs and activities suggest as music, play, and art with children.
- Must be able to pass State background checks.
- Must be comfortable going into client’s homes
- Must be able to collect and organize paperwork
- Must be able to enter data into company’s data system
- Must use own vehicle
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have solid interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work evening hours
Nurturing Parenting Program:
- The Nurturing Parenting Programs are trauma informed, family-based programs designed for the prevention and treatment of child abuse and neglect. As a family, parents and their children learn positive and caring nurturing skills. (Click here for handout). Parent Educator must be trained in Nurturing Parenting for home visitation and group connections.
- Will be discussed at interview; Pay is hourly
- Grant funded position for one year
- No medical benefits
Deadline for applying: September 11, 2020
If interested in applying for this position send your resume to: email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Send all questions and concerns to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.